Our attractions are the perfect blend of science, history, and fun.
For attractions that amaze, excite, and inform, Mystery Hill is the place to go! Our central location in the Blue Ridge mountains makes us the perfect escape, and with something for everyone in your family, no one will complain of being bored. Here’s a closer look at some of our attractions just outside of Boone, North Carolina
- The natural gravitational anomaly—Watch as water flows uphill, balls roll upwards, and people shrink and grow right before your eyes! Our famous gravitational anomaly is one of only 19 known gravitational vortexes in the world and is worth the visit alone.
- The Hall of Mystery—Enjoy a variety of hands-on science activities, like optical illusions, a shadow wall, a flying mirror, and much, much more.
- Bubblerama—Play with giant bubbles, blow a giant bubble around a person, and have fun with bubble wands at Bubblerama.
- The 1903 Dougherty House Museum—Home of the founder of Appalachian State University, this museum was the first one in the area to have electricity. Come explore what life in the Boone area was like at the turn of the century!
- The Moon Mullin’s Native American Artifacts Museum—One of the largest private collections of Native American artifacts in the world, this museum represents 20 states and features over a quarter million different pieces.
Contact us today for more info about our many attractions or buy your tickets today to get in on the fun.
What People Say
– Katleen W.
– Amanda M.
– Ember K.
How to Decide What Mystery Hill Attractions to Visit in 3 Easy Steps.
When you visit Mystery Hill, you will be thrilled and delighted at how many activities and attractions there are to go see! While we cannot choose a favorite one of our 15 attractions, we know that not everyone is able to see everything during their stay with us. If you have time limitations, here are a few easy steps you can take to determine which attractions you would like to visit while you are here.
- Do your research. We have many different attractions, and we know that many people would like to see many different things! Have everyone research the attractions and then write a list of what they want. You could also ask for everyone’s top three favorites to help prioritize your attractions.
- Choose to balance. When planning your attractions and visits, don’t forget to throw in some balance. Even very active people need to take a break for lunch and would enjoy one of our wonderful eateries.
- Don’t forget compromise! When choosing your activities, you will find that there is something for every age and stage. Make sure that there is some compromise amongst your party so that everyone gets a chance to see and experience something that they are interested in.
If you are coming to see our wonderful attractions, we hope that you have the chance to stay with us and experience all that this delightfully unique location has to offer you. For more information about our variety of attractions, please contact us today.